Franchise News Release:
Waco, TX - (Mar-25-2004)
Aire Serv's 10 Tips to Beat the Heat and High Energy Bills
The average American spends 44 percent of each utility bill on heating or cooling a home. And with Summer's heat lurking just around the corner, Aire ServR Heating and Air Conditioning, one of the nation's largest HVAC service and repair franchises, has compiled these simple tips to beat the heat and the high cost of utilities.
1. Have your A/C system and air ducts cleaned and checked once a year by a professional.
2. Change throw-away air filters every 30 days during summer months.
3. Utilize a programmable thermostat to maintain a comfortable temperature when you are at home and a higher temperature when you are away.
4. Check your attic insulation and add insulation where necessary.
5. Install attic/roof ventilators to keep your home's attic temperature cooler and reduce any unnecessary strain on your air conditioner.
6. Keep drapes and/or shutters closed during the hottest part of the day, especially on the sunny side of the house.
7. Keep ceiling fans turned on to recirculate air-conditioned air throughout the home.
8. Make sure your thermostat is located in the right place - not next to a window, in direct sunlight or close to a hot zone that will create longer A/C running time.
9. If your thermostat is a mercury bulb type, make sure it is level to reduce excess running time on you're A/C.
10. Keep grass, bushes, leaves and trimmings away from your outdoor air conditioning unit, and keep the coil clean so air can pass through without obstruction.
"Summer doesn't have to be a physical and financial drain," said Doyle James, president of Aire Serv. "By following these tips, people can be comfortable in their homes without excessive cost."
About Aire Serv:
Aire Serv® Heating and Air Conditioning is a global Franchise organization made up primarily of independent HVAC contractors who want a systemized way to produce results in their business. Aire Serv has been nationally recognized by Entrepreneur magazine's "Top 500 Franchises," Success Magazine 's "Franchise Gold 200" and "Top 200 - Franchisee Satisfaction Ranking," and Income Opportunities' "Platinum 200." It is a subsidiary of The Dwyer Group, Inc., one of the world's largest franchise holding companies in the residential and commercial service business.
About The Dwyer Group:
The Dwyer Group Inc., based in Waco, Texas, is a holding company that owns six franchisor corporations and Dwyer Group National Accounts. Each business sells and supports a different service-based brand name franchise under the following service marks: Aire Serv® Heating & Air Conditioning, Glass Doctor®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Rooter® (Drain Doctor® in the UK), and Rainbow International® Restoration and Cleaning. Collectively, the franchisees of these franchise concepts offer customers a broad base of residential and commercial services. Dwyer is a portfolio company of The Riverside Company, a private equity firm with offices in New York, Cleveland, Dallas and San Francisco. Riverside acquired Dwyer in a public-to-private transaction in October 2003.
|Top Business & Franchise Opportunites: